Friday, March 6, 2015

Not really research, but fun: Swot Perderder

I remember seeing stuff like this and this and thinking it was the funniest thing ever. I guess Know Your Meme categorizes it as "wurds", but to me, this will always be Swot Perderder, because this one in particular always made me crack up:


So I made a twitter bot that generates these:



I got a list of ~500 foods (harder than it may seem), used the CMU pronouncing dictionary to translate word -> phonemes, then mapped each phoneme to a randomly chosen letter that either matched it closely (s -> s) or not so closely (s -> zh).

That's all for now. It'd be neat to make it interactive someday, or make it a reddit bot or something, because the world needs more of these misspelled foods.

Also, it'd be neat to see which of these are favorited/retweeted/etc more, because then we could refine the rules to make them even funnier. Yes.

Edit: code's here: https://github.com/dantasse/swot_perderder

3 comments:

  1. oh whoops, it's super simple, and I meant to link to it above: https://github.com/dantasse/swot_perderder

    ReplyDelete